Ebastine 10mg Tablets - Egusi 10 is the composition of Ebastine tablets, a non-sedating H1 antihistamine, which belongs to the medicinal category of histamine. Ebastine is used for the treatment of several allergic issues like fever, stuffy nose, conjunctivitis, swelling, itching, sneezing, rashes, and watery eyes. It blocks the effect of the chemical messenger responsible for allergic reactions and gives relief. Ebastine is available in 10 and 20 mg tablets. It is generally provided to patients with allergic reactions to certain drugs and food.
Storage of the Ebastine tablets
- Store Ebastine tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it at room temperature between 68ºF and 77ºF.
- Keep it away from direct contact with heat, air, and light, as it may damage your medicines.
- Do not use ebastine medicine which is having exposure.
- It must be kept in a safe place, out from children’s reach.
Side effects of Ebastine tablet
If any symptoms are felt do not hesitate to talk with the doctor as it might have the following side effects-
- Nose bleed
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Before taking Ebastine you should consult an internal medicine specialist about the effects.
- People who are suffering from liver or kidney impairment should keep track of days and be very cautious of their usage.
- If you have a low level of potassium in your blood consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Let your doctor know about all the other medicines or supplements you are taking
- Do not drive after taking an ebastine tablet because it is most likely to make you sleepy.
- Children below 12 years should not consume ebastine tablets.
- Stop the intake of this medicine at least 2 weeks before any tests related to allergy, it will affect the results.
Uses of Ebastine tablets
- Ebastine is used for allergic disorders or reactions like seasonal allergies, eye allergies, and other symptoms.
- The dose used should be according to what the doctor prescribed. In case you have missed one do not double dose. Take another dose timely, don’t panic, and follow the same routine.
- Ebastine can interact with an antifungal and antibiotics.
- It has harmful interactions with medicines like Ondansetron, Cetirizine, Erythromycin, Ketoconazole, and Chlorpheniramine, which affects the way this medicine works.
- You should avoid alcohol and smoking consumption.
- Ebastine tablets may interact with a heart problem.
Q. Can I use Ebastine after having kidney impairment?
A. If your doctor has prescribed it is safe to use for up to 5 days with kidney impairment.
Q. What is the average duration of the Ebastine effect?
A. The average duration of the Ebastine tablet is 24 hours.
Q. How addictive is Ebastine?
A. There are no issues recorded related to Ebastine, but it is advisable to take it in the prescribed manner.
Q. Can I buy Ebastine from the counter?
A. No, It is a prescribed medicine that is advised by the doctor only. You won’t find it on counters easily. So, don’t use it without consulting a healthcare professional.