Ketoconazole Cream 2% w/v (Lotion)
- The lotion is an antifungal medician and is primarily used for the treatment of fungal infections. The cream is used to treat certain types of skin infections such as jock itch, athlete's foot, ringworms, dandruff, and symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis. Ketoconazole Cream 2% w/v (Lotion)
is also useful to treat certain skin conditions such as pityriasis and the fungal infection that is responsible for darkening and lighting the skin of the chest, neck, arms, or legs. Use the lotion as prescribed by your healthcare provider for its best effects.
The lotion is consist of Ketoconazole, which is an antifungal medication. The medication works by stopping the growth of fungi and then ultimately killing it by wrecking its cell membrane. Hence, helping in treating your fungal skin infection. Use the cream on the affected area for as long as it is advised without skipping it. Do not stop using the lotion mid-way through your treatment even if your infection looks better, as it may cause the infection to come back quicker and harder to treat.
The medication is intended for use on the skin only. Clean and dry the affected area thoroughly before applying the lotion. Then apply the lotion to the affected area of the skin, and use the cream once or twice a day, or as advised by your healthcare provider. After applying the cream wash your hands and do not cover the area of the applied cream with any bandage or do not wrap it with any clothing unless directed by the doctor. The dosage and duration of your treatment will depend on the type of infection being treated. Avoid the lotion's exposure to sensitive areas such as the eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina. Rinse with water immediately if any accidental exposure occurs.
Side Effects of Ketoconazole Cream 2% w/v
The usage of the lotion may sometimes lead to some unpleasant adverse effects. The side effects of this cream are rare to appear and usually don't take place if the medication is used as directed by the doctor. Anyhow, the side effects are mild, temporary, and fade away on their own after some time. However, seek medical help immediately, if you feel that the side effects are persistent and bother you much.
Some of the common side effects of Ketoconazole Cream 2% w/v (Lotion) may include:
- Application site burning
- Application site redness
- Skin irritation
Important Points to Remember
Some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind about Ketoconazole Cream 2% w/v (Lotion) are:
- The medication is prescribed to you for curing your fungal infection and improving its symptoms.
- Inform the doctor beforehand, if you are allergic to the lotion or any of the active components present in it.
- Notify your doctor if you experience any allergic reaction after applying the cream such as skin rash or swelling of the face.
- Do not skip any application doses of the lotion and complete your treatment course for better results.