Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/v (LOTION) - Zippigo Lotion with a composition of Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/v belongs to the class of medication known as corticosteroids. The lotion is primarily used to treat certain skin conditions known as psoriasis, dermatitis, psoriasis, and rash. It also helps in reducing certain symptoms such as redness, itchiness, and swelling. The medication is safe to use for up to 3 months. However, do reach out to your doctor if your symptoms don't decrease or you don't feel better even after using the lotion for 14 days. Your doctor will prescribe you the lotion medication based on how critical your medical condition is.
Always use the Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/v (LOTION) exactly as told by the doctor. Try not to exceed the duration of applying the lotion for more than is recommended. Apply a thin layer of Zippigo Lotion onto the skin, however, do not put a large amount of medication on the affected area. The doctor will suggest how long to use the medication based on your medical condition.
Uses of Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/v (LOTION)
- Useful for the treatment of certain health conditions with inflammation and itching.
Zippigo Lotion has a composition of Mometasone Furoate which belongs to the group of medicines known as corticosteroids. The lotion is known for its effective effect to treat certain skin conditions known as psoriasis, dermatitis, psoriasis, and rash. The medication works by blocking the action of certain chemical messengers that is responsible for the cause inflammation and swelling of the skin. The lotion helps in treating different concerns of different medical conditions. Such as it helps reduces the itchy patches and scaly while treating psoriasis and works on decreasing pain, redness, rash, or itchiness caused to the skin while using dermatitis. Hence, improving your overall appearance and helping boost self-confidence.
Side Effects of Mometasone Furoate Lotion
The application of this lotion may lead to some side effects. The side effects mainly do not require any specific medical treatment and usually fade away as your body adjusts to the medication. However, consult your doctor if you are worried about them or if they bother you much.
- Viral Infection
- Sore throat
- Stinging Sensation
- Respiratory tract infection
Points to Remember
Some of the important points to keep in mind while using Mometasone Furoate 0.1% w/v (LOTION)
- The lotion is intended for the purpose of external use only.
- Remember to apply the medication daily for as long as it is prescribed.
- Avoid covering the area that is being treated with any plaster or bandage unless it is recommended by the doctor.
- Apply a thin layer of the lotion onto the skin and do not put a large amount of lotion medication on the affected area.
- Consult the doctor immediately if the symptoms of your medical condition do not improve after applying the lotion for 2 weeks.
- Inform the doctor if you experience any medical issues such as any skin infection, thinning of the skin, and broken or ulcerated skin.
These are some of the points to remember while using Mometasone Furoate Lotion. This medication is a well-tolerated medicine and known as an effective medicine if used rightly. Use the Zippigo Lotion as prescribed by the doctor to see its best effects.