Composition : Mometasone 0.1% + Salicylic Acid 5% Cream
Packing : 15 Gm
Price : Rs. 149Quick Enquiry
Mometasone 0.1% + Salicylic Acid 5% Cream belongs to the class of dermatological medications used to treat mild to severe psoriasis or eczema. Eczema is caused by various genetic and environmental factors. The usage of unsafe skin products can also possibly cause eczema. The skin becomes dry, flaky, and itchy. In psoriasis, the skin becomes inflamed and red patches develop near the affected site. Small bumps and irregular skin is a common symptoms of psoriasis.
Mometasone 0.1% + Salicylic Acid 5% Cream is composed of two major drugs namely- mometasone and salicylic acid. Mometasone has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties. It restricts the action of prostaglandins which are responsible for causing redness and inflammation. Salicylic acid is a keratolytic medication that softens and moisturizes the skin. It is also used as a topical antibiotic ingredient. Altogether this cream effectively treats chronic skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
Use this medicine as directed by the doctor. Rinse the affected area and apply a thin layer of cream on the affected area. Confirm with your doctor about the dosage and duration of this cream according to your medical condition.
In general cases, this medicine is safe to use. It may be used with caution in certain cases listed below. This may not be the complete list of contraindications. contact you, doctor or pharmacist, for more details.
1. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to such medicines or ointments. Check carefully the pamphlet provided with this medicine to ensure that you do not have allergies to any of them.
2. Pregnant and Breastfeeding ladies should use this medicine with proper medical advise.No scientific data is available on whether the drug passes through breastmilk.
3. Do not apply this medication on cuts, wounds, or genitals.
4. This medication is not for use in children or treating diaper rash. Consult your doctor about the advantages or disadvantages of cream in kids.
5. People with diabetes, poor blood circulation, or hypertension must use this medicine with a proper prescription from the doctor.
6. People with liver or kidney problems must not use this medicine without informing the doctor.
7. Do not apply this cream in and around your eyelids. In case of emergency contact, rinse with plenty of water.
8. Do not use Mometasone 0.1% + Salicylic Acid 5% Cream in newborns or infants.
Common ill effects such as peeling or cracking of skin may occur. Burning of skin and redness may also be seen in some cases. Although these side effects are self-treated with time, consult your doctor if they persist for longer or after stopping the treatment.
A very severe drug reaction rarely occurs. But seek immediate medical attention of you notice any of these symptoms-
• Trouble breathing
• Severe drowsiness
• Swelling of limbs
• Fast or pounding heartbeat
Mometasone + Salicylic Acid Cream is known to interact with the medicines used to treat HIV(nelfinavir, ritonavir). It also interacts with other medicines including medications used to treat depression, and diabetes, antibacterials and antifungals like ketoconazole.
there are no interactions found between the drug and foods.
Drug-Disease Interactions- This drug is to be used with caution in people suffering from high cortisol levels, diabetes, cataracts or glaucoma, thyroid ailment or kidney and liver diseases.
Question: how often do we have to use this medication?
This medicine is to be used once or twice a day according to the directions given by the doctor.
Question: Can this medicine cause peeling of skin?
In some cases, Mometasone 0.1% + Salicylic Acid 5% Cream can cause peeling of skin. Consult your doctor if the peeling becomes worse.
Question: Does Mometasone 0.1% + Salicylic Acid 5% Cream passes from mother to child through breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this drug passes through breast milk. Contact your pharmacist or doctor if you are a nursing mother.